Accounting, Audit & Tax Services
Whether setting up your own venture, or establishing the Hong Kong office for an international business, Marbury can provide an accounting and bookkeeping solution fully tailored to your situation.
Working as a seamless extension of your finance and legal departments, Marbury’s bespoke accounting and audit solutions can be delivered as a one-off project management or a fully integrated management accounting outsourcing function.
We understand that your business needs robust financial administration to enable accurate insight and overview for management and operational purposes. With bespoke solutions administered by our highly qualified in-house team of accountants we can ensure compliant, transparent and accurate reporting for your business.
With both customised and standard monthly and annual reports available, you will be up-to-date on the financial status of your company to better facilitate strategic decision-making and the deployment of resources.
Click on the tabs for more information about the service packages:
- Implementation of accounting system
- Provision of regular bookkeeping service
- Cash management
- Payroll administration
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation of Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Comprehensive Income, Statement of Cash Flows and Statement of Changes in Equity
- Audit management including the filing of accounts with local authorities (eg IRD)
- Data entry (taking into account deferred income principles for subscription-based revenues)
- Preparation of draft accounts
- Bank reconciliation
- Financial reports
- profit and loss statement
- Statement of Financial Position
- cash flow statement
- aged accounts receivable
- aged accounts payable
- budget review analysis
- service line / customer profitability analysis
- Preparation and compilation of one-page dashboard of financial metrics
- Annual financial reports (audit-ready)
- Customer ledger including profile analysis (sales, accounts receivable, debtor days, etc)
- Liaison with auditors for the production of annual audited financial statements
- Liaison with auditors and IRD for preparation of profits tax return
- Liaison with the client on reports for AGM
- Assistance with annual budgeting and capital investment process
Marbury has partnered with cloud-based accounting software system, Xero, so that you can access your accounts from wherever you have an internet connection – as well as allow you to automate many of the essential, but time-consuming, accounting tasks.
Our Xero-certified professionals can set-up and train you and your staff. Click here for more details.
Audited corporate accounts are a statutory requirement in Hong Kong. Marbury can assist by arranging for the third party audit to take place and complete the submission with the local tax authorities.
In addition to ongoing management and bookkeeping for your business, our experienced partner team of accountants can assist with auditing and tax filing.
- Drafting and filing company tax returns
- Drafting and filing employer returns
- Applying for extensions and exemptions to filing, where applicable
- Liaising with the relevant local authorities and assisting with the follow-up enquiries
Marbury and our carefully selected partners can provide detailed advice on taxation related matters. Contact us now for further details.
More about Hong Kong tax requirements
For Hong Kong limited companies, it is a requirement that a tax return with an auditor’s report be filed annually. Marbury can assist your company to prepare for your annual tax return filing and liaise with the auditor to complete the audit process.
Taxation in Hong Kong is charged on the assessable profits for the preceding year. Any excess is then applied against the provisional profits tax payable for the subsequent year. The corporate tax rate for onsite transactions is set at 16.5% and personal income tax is set at 15%. 8.25% for the first HKD2 million profit and 16.5% thereafter.
Simply fill in your details and leave a message. We’ll be in touch within the next business day to discuss your requirements and answer any questions you might have.